Google banned 17m gambling ‘bad ads’ in 2016
Tech giant Google has revealed that it banned over 17 million gambling-related ads in the last year. The company termed such ads as ‘bad ads’.
Interestingly, gambling comprised only 1% of all bad ads last year. This was revealed by the search giant in its ‘Bad Ads Report’. A total of 1.7 billion ads that breached Google’s advertising policies.
Scott Spencer, director of product management, sustainable ads, at Google, stated that gambling-related ads were taken down as they lacked “proper authorization from regulators in the countries they operate”.
However, the gambling industry fared a lot better with close to 68 million adverts for unapproved pharmaceuticals in 2016.
Google also banned a total of 80 million adverts for misleading and appalling users, as well as 112 million trick-to-click ads comprising malware.
Kai started working in the Gaming Industry in 2001 when he managed a Horse Betting Shop in Germany. With the more and more upcoming needs for Sportbetting Solutions for the German speaking market he moved in 2003 in Malta where he built up TopSportWetten, one of the first Sportbetting operators working from Malta with a Remote Gaming License.
In 2005 he moved to a new venture and joined the newly formed Team of BetUnited, a Company that had the goal to target the German speaking online market with a full portfolio of Betting, Poker, Casino and Games of Skill.
In 2007 he left BetUnited and concentrated on helping new Companies coming to Malta to obtain a remote gaming license and establish operators on the island.
In 2011 he founded Simka Consulting to combine his knowledge in the operational part of the IGaming Business with the Marketing expertise of Simona.
- TopSportWetten - Managing Director and Key Official
- Bet United - Managing Director and Key Official
- MMBet - Managing Director and Key Official
- Olympia Bet - Managing Director and Key Offical
- Production Planning and Project Manager - Infratec Pro Ltd.
Latest from Simona
- Betfair joins William Hill, others out of Poland market
- DraftKings expands further after going live in Germany
- GVC cites bwin.party acquisition as main reason for boost in finances in 2016
- International Federation of Poker flops in SportAccord bid
- Playtech games live in regulated Czech Republic online market