DraftKings expands further after going live in Germany
Daily fantasy sports (DFS) operator DraftKings is set to expand further after launching in Germany.
Earlier in 2017, the company had revealed its plans to increase its presence in the European market after getting a Controlled Skill Games License from the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).
At the time, DraftKings had mentioned Germany as a possible expansion market, and has now accomplished that plan by launching a beta version of its DFS platform for all the customers in the European nation.
German players can access all 10 sports currently offered by DraftKings in US markets, including on contests from NFL American football league, Major League Baseball and the NBA basketball league, as well as seven leagues of football.
Jeffrey Haas, chief international officer at DraftKings, said:
“Germany is known for its passionate sports fans and we are pleased to welcome them to daily fantasy sports.
“Germans show a proclivity for American sports, particularly the NFL and NBA.
“Initial testing in Germany shows that our most popular sport has been the NBA, which is why we are opening our beta test to all German sports fans.”
Kai started working in the Gaming Industry in 2001 when he managed a Horse Betting Shop in Germany. With the more and more upcoming needs for Sportbetting Solutions for the German speaking market he moved in 2003 in Malta where he built up TopSportWetten, one of the first Sportbetting operators working from Malta with a Remote Gaming License.
In 2005 he moved to a new venture and joined the newly formed Team of BetUnited, a Company that had the goal to target the German speaking online market with a full portfolio of Betting, Poker, Casino and Games of Skill.
In 2007 he left BetUnited and concentrated on helping new Companies coming to Malta to obtain a remote gaming license and establish operators on the island.
In 2011 he founded Simka Consulting to combine his knowledge in the operational part of the IGaming Business with the Marketing expertise of Simona.
- TopSportWetten - Managing Director and Key Official
- Bet United - Managing Director and Key Official
- MMBet - Managing Director and Key Official
- Olympia Bet - Managing Director and Key Offical
- Production Planning and Project Manager - Infratec Pro Ltd.
Latest from Simona
- Betfair joins William Hill, others out of Poland market
- GVC cites bwin.party acquisition as main reason for boost in finances in 2016
- International Federation of Poker flops in SportAccord bid
- Playtech games live in regulated Czech Republic online market
- Ladbrokes loses HMRC appeal, asked to pay £71m tax charge